Wednesday, September 15, 2010

The Sad Rise of the Tea Party

We know that some states are having elections.  I know in Ohio I think we're going to elect a new senator, and next year I think we will be electing a new governor.  But I know that I'm already tired of the commercials!  UGH!  To be completely honest, I don't like Ted Strickland because he doesn't support Charter Schools because he feels we're taking money away from the public schools, but the Cleveland school system is so horrible that Charter schools are definitely the better option.  And I bet none of the public schools in my area can say that they have 100% graduation and college acceptance rates!
Anyhow, I don't like John Kasic, or however you spell it because. . .this is going to sound so bias, but he's a republican and I never go for the republican candidates.  Plus his commercials are already making me sick of him because they're so, what's the word I'm looking for? Corney!  He is talking to a group of working class people, mostly white, and has this phony look on his face as if he is going to really be the best choice for governor.  Then the people he's talking too look like they were paid to be there, and really wouldn't listen to him in the first place if he wasn't putting them in his commercials.
The thing is though, in Ohio, the Tea Party has yet to really get anywhere.  But I've been watching as they claim victory after victory in other states, and they have Sarah Palin on their side?  Now, I really don't know anything about their politics, and I really don't care to know right now because I'm not even old enough to vote, but I do have to tell you what I think about their party from all the things that have been going on with this "new party":
I think that this so called Tea Party is just the Republican party, they just have a different name.  So far, the fact the Sarah Palin's dumb-not knowing anything about politics-you know what is now on their party is making me turn away even more because she really doesn't know what she's doing, and she's an airhead.  I also don't think that she really thinks before she does something because after that whole incident with the Dr. that said the N-Word, Sarah Palin actually encouraged her to continue with her radio show!
Then there was the whole thing with that guy that wrote that fake letter to Abraham Lincoln about how we Black Folk can not take care of ourselves!  I was extra hurt about this because not only am I too an African American, but I am an NAACPer and if you say "NAACP this" or "NAACP that" you're talking about me too.  I mean, this guy didn't even apologize for what he did, and I know that the "Tea Party" took the necessary steps by firing him, and then putting their only Black member on TV to clear everything up.  The thing is, if this guy was racist, who knows how many others are still in the "Tea Party"?  Who knows what these "politicians" are really saying to the masses? I personally am afraid of a rise to this party, but if it does happen, I'm not afraid to fight it like my man Martin Luther King did in the 50s and 60s.  So "Tea Party" be very afraid because when I get up there, you will face my social justice! PEACE!

1 comment:

  1. Ron Paul is not part of this crap, just saying. I hate the tea party, but Ron Paul is actually a cool dude

    ReplyDelete

memegan1@sbcglobal.net